Exporting Citations from PubMed to RefWorks
To export citations from PubMed to RefWorks:
- Click the checkbox next to citations that you want to export.
- Look near the upper right for the words "Send to" .
- Click on the arrow, and then click on the "Citation manager" button
- Click on the "Create File" button.
- A new file named "citations.nbib" has been created. Save it (it will probably save to your "downloads" folder).
- Open and sign into your RefWorks account in a new tab. (http://refworks.proquest.com)
- In RefWorks, click on the + sign and click on "Import references".
- Click on the blue link to "select a file from your computer".
- Find the file in your downlads folder, click on it, and click on the "open" button.
- Make sure that the file will be imported in NLM PubMed format. If not, you may have to search for the format. After you have selected the NLM PubMed format, click on the "Import" button.
- RefWorks will confirm that the import is complete. You can find the citations are in your "Last Imported" folder.
- For step-by-step help using RefWorks, take a look at their video tutorials at: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzmTj_AGeY59VoNv-0SvcCg