St. Francis Club organized,
December 10: The Engineering Faculty Council votes to admit women as regular students in the College of Engineering.
University land south of Florence is plowed up and staked out so that people in the neighborhood can plant Victory gardens.
July: The Jesuits leave the faculty house when the army takes it over for a barracks for its students studying on campus. They are able to return September 1944.
Fall: Football is on hiatus because of the war.
The Tower yearbook is not published.
June 25: Rev, William J. Miller, S.J. becomes president. He is the first alumnus president. (Class of ’23)
September: Enrollment is 1821 students.
Tower Yearbook is not published.
Department of Psychology formed.
September: Enrollment is 2810 students.
Tower Yearbook not published.
Spring: Groundbreaking for Holden Hall.
September: Enrollment is 7489 students. Forty-one new faculty were hired. (30-Arts and Sciences, 7-Commerce and Finance, 1-Engineering, and 4 Dental.)
September: Holden Hall opened to students.
Enrollment is 8996 students.
The band reappears on campus at the first football game of the season against Central Michigan.
The St, Francis Club moves to new quarters on Livernois.
June 30: The University and the High School become separate entities.
September: Varsity News published twice weekly for the first time.
September: Enrollment is 9613 students.
June 11: Groundbreaking for the new library.
July 1: ROTC begins on campus.
September 8: Rev. Celestin J. Steiner, S. J. is installed as president.
September: Enrollment is 9134 students.