OA Textbook Repositories
- Groups provides a flexible environment to organize, create, share, and discuss resources with others in your network. Collaborate with group members, tag and add resources to shared folders, create your own collections, all within a public or private group.
Made available by the University of Minnesota's College of Education and Human Development.
- The College Open Textbooks Collaborative is collection of colleges, governmental agencies, education non-profits, and other education-related organizations that are focused on the mission of driving awareness, adoptions, and affordability of open textbooks.
[Multimedia Educational Resource for Learning and Testing]
- Links directly to open textbooks available thru Merlot
- MIT makes available almost all content for undergraduate and graduate classes in STEM.
- Open Textbooks appropriate for undergraduate students in all displines.
- Includes a variety of disciplines and various open licenses. Dates unknown.
- Open SUNY Textbooks is an open access textbook publishing initiative established by State University of New York libraries. Only 9 textbooks but more are forthcoming.
- Has a strong representation of medicine, dentistry, veterinary medicine and nutrition courses.
- AcademicPub is a build-your-own-textbook service that offers students three different options for purchasing the book: digital download, paperback, or hardcover.
- Instructors can create a customized textbook with book chapters, case studies and journal articles.
- AcademicPub provides services to track how much royalties will cost for each custom textbook.
- Boundless curates free available open textbooks to supplement or replace assigned texts for introductory undergraduate courses
- Licensed by Creative Commons (CC BY-SA)
- Provides a new approach to college textbooks offering rigorously reviewed textbooks online for low cost to students.
Offers full-text online for free and in a variety of affordable formats.
- A catalog of information about some of the top examples of open college textbooks, offered online under a license allowing free digital access and inexpensive print options. Material can be easily modified to fit your needs.
- Subjects covered: Accounting & Finance; Business, Management & Marketing; Computer Science & Information Systems; Economics; General Education; Humanities & Language; Mathematics & Statistics; Natural & Physical Sciences; Social Sciences.
- Offers a number of e-Textbooks sorted by author and topic. All of the textbooks can be downloaded for free and many of them can be purchased in print form
A student-run site dedicated to increasing the use of free educational materials by teachers and professors. The approach is to bring all of the free textbooks they can find together in one place, review them, and let the best rise to the top and find their way into the hands of students in classrooms around the world