Finding a Print Journal Article in the UDM Library
Some articles, especially older articles, are not available online through the library's subscription databases. Here is how to see if they are available in the UDM library in print:
Go to the library research portal at http://research.udmercy.edu and click on the "Books, eBooks, DVDs" tab in center of the page.
- Search for the name of the journal, putting it in quotation marks.
- You will either go straight to the journal record or get a list of results. If you get a list, find and click on the journal title. (If you get a very long list of results, skip to step 4.)
- Scroll down to the blue bar that says “Subscription summary”.
- The volumes and years on the same line as the words “Main run” are bound and shelved at the call number listed below the pale blue line.
- Current, unbound issues are listed below the Main Run line and shelved in the Bargman room (current periodicals are shelved alphabetically by title). You may see several different Main Run lines for volumes in different formats.
- Change the dropdown box from a “Keyword” search to a “Journal/Magazine Keyword” search.
- Limit the Location to “All UDM Locations”.
- Limit the format to “Non-Circulating Materials”.
Where to find journals in the Stacks
|A - BR 62||2A|
|BR 63 - HA 203||2|
|HA 204 - Z||LL*|
* LL= Lower Level (basement)