Finding a Book on the Shelf
Finding a Print Journal Article
This is the "Licensure and Certification" page of the "Mechanical Engineering" guide.
Alternate Page for Screenreader Users
Skip to Page Navigation
Skip to Page Content

Mechanical Engineering  

Last Updated: Jan 19, 2017 URL: Print Guide RSS UpdatesEmail Alerts

Licensure and Certification Print Page

UDM Advanced Electric Vehicle (AEV) Graduate Certificate Program

This one-year UDM program is designed to prepare automotive engineers to develop the next generation of advanced electric vehicles. The program was created in collaboration with Ford Motor Company to train their engineers in the newest strategies, methods and technologies.  For more information, check out the AEV program website.  

How to become a licensed or certified professional

  • National Council of Examiners for Engineering and Surveying (NCEES)
    The NCEES website provides information on how to become licensed as a Professional Engineer or Professional Surveyor. It includes information on the Fundamentals of Engineering Exam and the Principles and Practice of Engineering Exams, exam schedules and registration, and links to state licensing requirements.
  • Michigan Dept. of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs for Professional Engineers
    This website includes information on Michigan license and exam requirements, the application form for a PE license, and information on the new continuing education requirement.
  • Society of Manufacturing Engineers (SME) Certification
    The SME website includes information about and applications for four professional manufacturing certifications: Certified Manufacturing Technologists (CMfgT),Certified Manufacturing Engineers (CmfgE), Certified Engineering Managers (CEM), and Certified Enterprise Integrators (CEI). The site also provides information on Six Sigma certification for companies.
  • ASHRAE Certifications
    ASHRAE offers training and certification for HVAC-R-related fields such as building energy assessment and modeling, commissioning process management, healthcare facility design, high performance building design, and operations and performance management.
  • Instrumentation, Systems and Automation (ISA) Licensure and Certification
    The ISA offers certification programs for individuals interested in becoming Certified Automation Professionals (CAP) and Certified Industrial Maintenance Mechanics. (CIMM). The website also includes information on the format and specifications of the Control Systems Engineer (CSE) licensing exam.

Loading  Loading...