- Catholic Relief Services CRS and Trafficking
Find out about Catholic Relief Services for human trafficking world wide.
- Catholic Relief Services Slavery and Human Trafficking
Learn about CRS programs with links to other sites.
- CNN Freedom Project
"CNN wants to amplify the voices of the victims of modern-day slavery, highlight success stories and help unravel the tangle of criminal enterprises trading in human life."
- Council of Europe - Action Against Trafficking in Human Beings
The Convention has a comprehensive scope of application, encompassing all forms of trafficking and taking in all persons who are victims of trafficking
- EUR-LEX - Fight Against Trafficking in Human Beings
Find summaries of EU legislation.
- FBI Human Trafficking/Involuntary Servitude
The FBI works human trafficking cases under both its Civil Rights program and its Violent Crimes Against Children program.
- Human Trafficking Websites
- International Labour Organization's Forced Labour, Human Trafficking, and Slavery
Find global and individual country information, statistics, definitions, and more.
- Interpol - Trafficking in Human Beings
Describes the types of human trafficking and how Interpol is responding.
- National Center for Missing and Exploited Children
"NCMEC works to find missing children and reunite them with their families." "... works closely with more than 270 corporate photo partners who disseminate photos of missing children to millions of homes across the U.S. every day."
- National Crime Agency - Modern Slavery and Human Trafficking
Define human trafficking in the UK.
- National Crime Agency - Types of Modern Slavery Crime
Read about the UK's broad categories of exploitation linked to modern slavery.
From India, "Prajwala emerged as an anti-trafficking organization, which believes in preventing women and children from entering prostitution, which is the worst form of sexual slavery."
- United Nations -Global Initiative to Fight Human Trafficking
"UN.GIFT works with all stakeholders - governments, business, academia, civil society and the media - to support each others work, create new partnerships and develop effective tools to fight human trafficking."
- United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime - Human Trafficking Knowledge Portal
The Human Trafficking Knowledge Portal is an initiative to facilitate the dissemination of information regarding the implementation of the UN Convention against Transnational Organized Crime and specifically the Protocol to Prevent, Suppress and Punish Trafficking in Persons, Especially Women and Children.
- United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime on Human Trafficking and Migrant Smuggling
The UNODC works to combat human trafficking and the smuggling of migrants and is underpinned by the United Nations Convention on Transnational Organized Crime and its protocols on trafficking in persons and migrant smuggling.
- United Nations Toolkit to Combat Smuggling of Migrants
The Toolkit is designed to assist countries to implement the Protocol against the Smuggling of Migrants by Land, Sea and Air, supplementing the United Nations Convention against Transnational Organized Crime.
- US Department of Health & Human Services - Rescue & Restore victims of Human Trafficking
"The Rescue and Restore campaign increases the identification of trafficking victims in the United States and helps those victims receive the benefits and services they need to restore their lives."
- US Department of Justice Human Trafficking Prosecution Unit
The Civil Rights Division of the Department of Justice, enforces federal statutes prohibiting discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, disability, religion, familial status and national origin.
- US Department of Justice Involuntary Servitude, Forced Labor, And Sex Trafficking Statutes Enforced
Find the laws used to combat human trafficking
- US Department of Justice Office for Victims of Crime - Human Trafficking
The OVC "has supported the development and enhancement of programs designed to provide a comprehensive array of culturally competent services to victims of human trafficking."
- US Department of Justice Project Safe Childhood
"Project Safe Childhood marshals federal, state and local resources to better locate, apprehend and prosecute individuals who exploit children via the Internet, as well as to identify and rescue victims."
- US Department of State - President's Interagency Task Force to Monitor and Combat Trafficking in Persons
"The President’s Interagency Task Force to Monitor and Combat Trafficking is a cabinet-level entity, created by the Trafficking Victims Protection Act of 2000, which consists of some 14 departments and agencies across the federal government that are responsible for coordinating U.S. government-wide efforts to combat trafficking in persons.'
- US Department of State Office to Monitor and Combat Trafficking in Persons
The TIP office "partners with foreign governments, international organizations, civil society, and the private sector to develop and implement effective strategies for confronting modern slavery."
Includes archives of past efforts to stem trafficking in persons.
- United Nations Protocol to Prevent, Suppress and Punish Trafficking in Persons
"The basic purpose of the Protocol is to prevent and combat trafficking, to protect and assist victims and to promote international cooperation."
- Anti-Slavery International
Anti-Slavery International, founded in 1839, is the world's oldest international human rights organisation and works to eliminate all forms of slavery around the world.
- Coalition Against Trafficking in Women
CATW is a non-governmental organization that works to end human trafficking and the commercial sexual exploitation of women and children worldwide. CATW is the world’s first organization to fight human trafficking internationally and is the world’s leading abolitionist organization.
- Global Alliance Against Traffic in Women
The Global Alliance Against Traffic in Women (GAATW) is a network of non-governmental organisations from all regions of the world, who share a deep concern for the women, children and men whose human rights have been violated by the criminal practice of human trafficking.
- Human Rights Watch Smuggling and Trafficking Human Beings
Learn the difference between human smuggling and human trafficking in the Q & A page.